Tile flooring in Anna, TX made available by McKinney Flooring And Remodeling is elegant, long-lasting, and versatile. They make your homes look pristine and well designed. Tile flooring is easy to maintain and comes in a wide variety of styles and design that fit your needs. Tile flooring in Anna, TX is a sure way to make your family who is susceptible to allergies safe as tile flooring is hypoallergenic. They do not attract molds, dust, and other allergens that can cause a myriad of health problems. Here are some helpful tips to keep your tile flooring in Anna, TX looking spotless.
Primary tips for tile flooring care
- Routinely sweep or vacuum the floor. This gets rid of loose dirt, food crumbs and other particles that accumulate on the tile floor. Dirt that is allowed to set in wet parts of the floor can immediately turn into hard to remove smudge. It is also important to vacuum the floor prior to mopping or cleaning it.
- Mop the tile flooring with warm water. If there are no stains or the tile flooring does not have the need for heavy cleaning, run a damp mop over the floor. This will be sufficient enough to keep the tile floor clean. Wring the mop and cleanse with fresh warm water after finishing one section of the room. Repeat the process until the whole floor area is thoroughly mopped.
- Dry the floor. Regardless if you use just water or water and detergent combination, it is best to run a dry mop on the floor after mopping to restrict new dirt from immediately collecting and staining the grout.
- Remove spills immediately. If you happen to spill liquids like a glass of juice or even just plain water, it is better to clean it up right away. The longer it lingers on the floor, the more time it will penetrate into the grout. Dried sugary liquids tend to become troublesome and sticky if not removed quickly.
- Remove greasy spills with disinfectant. For pet droppings or if you happen to drop meat on the floor, it is better to wipe it right away and use a disinfectant. But disinfect only the area where there is spillage because disinfectants tend to have strong chemicals that may stain the tile flooring.
How to clean the grout in tile flooring
Tiling grout is the cement-base that is used to fill the spaces between the tiles. It is an important part of floor tiling as it secures the tiles in place. Caring for grout is plain and simple but is usually set aside when cleaning. Here are some helpful remedies to keep tile grout clean:
- Baking soda. A paste mixture of baking soda and water can clear up a dirty grout. Apply the paste mixture using an old toothbrush and scrub it into the grout.
- Pencil eraser. It might be a little odd, but a pencil eraser can clean small sections of stains in the tile grout.