Texas is a generally subtropical area, with hot summers and mild winters. Thus, your home requires flooring that is adaptable not only to the changing of the seasons but also to high humidity levels. The perfect choice that can endure the typically longer and more humid summer days is Laminate Flooring in Van Alstyne, TX. In Van Alstyne, this type of flooring is quite the trend due to its practicality, convenience, ease of use and maintenance, and low cost. Here are more of its benefits.
- Laminate flooring is conveniently packaged to practically suit your needs and your budget. Various hardwood-inspired designs come in four-foot strips, while tile-inspired ones come in different sizes.
- Very versatile, modern Laminate Flooring in Van Alstyne, TX mimics a wide range of natural hardwood floorboard designs. It also imitates the aesthetic appearance of natural stone, bricks, ceramic and other pavers. With an even more modern texturing innovation called EIR (Embossed in Register), the natural feel and quality of such surfaces are also impressively copied, making your floor material look and feel like the real thing.
- When it comes to cleaning laminate flooring, you won’t have to break a sweat. It has a top surface called the wear layer, which is specifically designed to keep it water- and stain-resistant. Simply sweep, vacuum, dry mop, or wipe it with a damp cloth to keep it clean and dust-free.
- Installing click-together laminate flooring is one easy do-it-yourself project. Another feature added to more modern laminate flooring is being adhesive-free. You don’t have to spend unnecessarily on removing previous flooring before installation. A simple rolling down of underlayment such as cork or foam is necessary before clicking the boards or tiles together. There is no need for sticky, messy, time-consuming, and exhausting glue application. You can finish a single room within a day or two. These no-adhesive, easy click features make laminate flooring portable. So if you have to move somewhere else, you won’t have to buy new flooring. Simply pack and replace on to the new floor. Keep the excess pieces or buy additional ones when necessary.
- Laminate flooring is expandable. Since the pieces are simply interlocked over an underlayment instead of glued directly to the subfloor, they can expand when the weather is hot and contract when it’s cold. In other words, they can breathe in and out flexibly and, thus, will not buckle and snap.
- There are many Laminate Flooring in Van Alstyne, TX that is eco-friendly. Most are often made from recycled material. At the end of their life span, they can be recycled back as agricultural filler or used as energy.
- Being laminated, it offers resistance to external discoloring agents. It is protected by a transparent wear layer, which keeps it stain-free. It can also have a fade- and UV light-resistant feature that makes it a sun room favorite in most households. It also has a natural resistance to bacteria and mold, while some types have undergone special treatment to make them allergen-resistant.