There are various types of Laminate Flooring in Princeton, TX. Before making any rash decision, you should make it a point to get to know your options in order to make smart and informed choices. Otherwise, you might end up spending your hard-earned money on the wrong type of laminate flooring.
Your Laminate Flooring Options
Basically, you should know which of these two types is suitable for your specific area’s foot traffic.
- Direct-pressure-laminated. Your laminate flooring is composed of different layers processed or laminated together by heat, pressure, and adhesive. The invisible surface on top is the wear layer, the second is the picture layer, and the third is the fiberboard core. The wear layer and the fiberboard core are heated and bonded around the picture layer under a pressure of 300 to 500 pounds per square inch (psi).
- High-pressure-laminated. The bonding of the layers is done under 1,400 psi. Plus, this heavy-duty type of laminate flooring is composed of an extra back layer at the bottom, which adds strength and durability to the overall flooring material.
Various Uses of Laminate Flooring in Princeton
Durability, stain-resistance, mold resistance, and low-maintenance are only some of the many benefits of laminate flooring. In Princeton, where the climate is described as humid subtropical, flexible laminate flooring is more able to handle the expansion of the boards due to heat and humidity. Hardwood, on the other hand, tends to warp and become distorted due to poor tolerance to moisture and humidity.
Laminate flooring can tolerate high-traffic areas, such as the hallway, the entryway, the dining room, and the living room. There are now advanced and innovated laminate flooring that has high water resistance, making them perfect for the bathroom, the laundry room, and the kitchen.
Laminate Flooring for Commercial Use
Fortunately for businessmen, manufacturing companies has revolutionized laminate flooring for commercial use. Not only is it low-cost, it is also fairly easy to maintain. Somehow or other, they have expertly strengthened the material, making it more durable and resilient, resistant to burns, scratches, and stains, and more able to handle heavier traffic and impact.
Laminate Flooring Ratings
Here are the various ratings of laminate flooring and their corresponding properties.
- AC1 is suitable for low-traffic areas in a residence, such as the bedroom.
- AC2 can be used for the more public areas in a residence, such as the living room and the dining room.
- AC3 has a higher standard than AC2 and may be used in whatever part of the house. It can also handle a commercial setting with slightly less traffic.
- AC4 is specifically made to be able to withstand moderate traffic that comes along with the commercial setting. It is designed to have an abrasive wear layer for a non-slip finish.
- AC5 is intended for commercial use with moderate to heavy traffic. Similar to AC4, it has a non-slip, abrasive top layer that is perfect for offices, shopping malls, and department stores.
Before purchasing any Laminate Flooring in Princeton, TX, do ask your retailer about the specific features of your prospect. McKinney Flooring And Remodelling is just the perfect place for you. They cover a wide selection of flooring options and reliable installation services.