Hardwood has a special quality that enhances the beauty of a home. That is why most classical homes have that touch of traditional elegance when it is decorated by floors made by hardwood. If you want to differentiate your house from your neighbors, install hardwood flooring.
Advantages of Hardwood Flooring
Why settle for hardwood flooring? There are many advantages of hardwood flooring over other types of flooring materials.
- Natural and organic look Most people, especially now that the world is being influenced to respect and protect the environment, want to bring the outdoors indoors. What better way to do that than to install hardwood flooring in Van Alsytne, TX? There is something in wood grains that elicit a certain feeling of harmony with the environment. Furthermore, the look of a hardwood floor gives you a certain degree or feeling of nobility as you walk in its surface.
- Durable and strong Hardwood is resistant to termites and moisture therefore you don’t have to worry about its longevity. As long as you maintain the cleanness and shine of its surface, it will provide you long years of service.
- Easy to clean and maintain Cleaning and maintaining a hardwood floor is very easy. You only need to wax it periodically and shine it with your floor polish and it will stay as beautiful as it was when your first installed it.
- Can be re-installed elsewhere Since hardwood lasts long, you will have no problem if you want to re-use it and re-install it somewhere else. Perhaps you want to replace your hardwood floor with a stone floor, just take out the old hardwood and re-install it to a place where it would be much more appreciated.
Types of Hardwood Floors
There are two general types of hardwood flooring in Van Alsytne, TX. Here are some of them:
- Solid Hardwood Flooring These are the traditional hardwood floors that are made of a single piece of wood having a tongue and groove sides. What’s good about them is that they can be refinished and recoated a number of times during their lifespan.
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring This kind of flooring is made of three or more sheets or plies of wood and then laminated together to form one plank. It is used mainly in places where solid hardwood can’t be safely used such as in places where moisture is always present. Because of its lamination, engineered hardwood is not subject to shrinking or expansion.
Installation of Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is best installed by the professionals. You don’t want the classic and elegant look of hardwood to be devalued by a lackluster workmanship, right?
Perhaps you have some woodworking skills and some rudimentary tools to do it. But if you are just a weekend wood worker or handyman, you might not do a great job of installing it.
So, if you want to have a floor that is classically elegant and amazingly beautiful, you have to call the professionals to install your hardwood flooring in Van Alsytne, TX.